Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Invalid Host Header Error in a C9 react App

So I am working remotely on a Chingu Voyage remote development project. I need to run and test changes to the application in c9 so I can work on this on my lunch breaks.  To that end, I created a c9 workspace from project's GitHub and tried to run the application we are developing.  I kept getting the invalidHostHeader error message after running npm start.

Tried to google the answer for a couple hours.

Oh my what a headache.

OK, so I FINALLY arrived at what I think is at least a stop-gap solution for my particular situation.

1. Create a file in the root of the application called ".env.development"

2. Update that file to say "DANGEROUSLY_DISABLE_HOST_CHECK=true"

3. Save


BE SURE TO INCLUDE the ".env.development" file in your gitignore file. You DO NOT want this going out with you application. I probably don't even want this on my c9 workstation but it is the only way for me to proceed at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment